The Molecular Biosensor and Imaging Center at Carnegie Mellon University is a collaboration of biologists, chemists, and imaging scientists developing fluorescence technologies for biomedical applications. MBIC is an innovative research environment that focuses on development and application of new scientific tools. MBIC technologies are used in drug discovery, neuroscience, biomedical imaging and cancer biology programs through a variety of partnerships. Technologies launched from MBIC include the Cyanine Dyes (Cy3, Cy5, Cy7), High Content Screening (Cellomics, Inc), Difference In-Gel Electrophoresis (DIGE), Qdots for In-vivo imaging, Fluorogen Activating Proteins, and DNA Nanotags.
Learn More About MBIC
Demonstrated in various papers:
Szent-Gyorgyi, C.S. et al. (2008) Nature Biotech.
Zanotti, K.J. et al. (2011) Org. and Biomol. Chemistry.
Saurabh, S. et al. (2015) ACS Nano.
- Zhong, Z, Ning, J, Boggs, EA, Jang, S, Wallace, C, Telmer, C, Bruchez, MP, Ahn, J, Engelman, AN, Zhang, P, Watkins, SC, Ambrose, Z. Cytoplasmic CPSF6 Regulates HIV-1 Capsid Trafficking and Infection in a Cyclophilin A-Dependent Manner. mBio. 2021; 12 (2):. PubMed PMID:33758083.
- Liang, P, Ballou, B, Lv, X, Si, W, Bruchez, MP, Huang, W, Dong, X. Monotherapy and Combination Therapy Using Anti-Angiogenic Nanoagents to Fight Cancer. Adv Mater. 2021; :e2005155. PubMed PMID:33684242.
- Missinato, MA, Zuppo, DA, Watkins, SC, Bruchez, MP, Tsang, M. Zebrafish heart regenerates after chemoptogenetic cardiomyocyte depletion. Dev Dyn. 2021; :. PubMed PMID:33501711.
- Liang, P, Kolodieznyi, D, Creeger, Y, Ballou, B, Bruchez, MP. Subcellular Singlet Oxygen and Cell Death: Location Matters. Front Chem. 2020; 8 :592941. PubMed PMID:33282833.
- Berlyoung, AS, Armitage, BA. Assembly and Characterization of RNA/DNA Hetero-G-Quadruplexes. Biochemistry. 2020; 59 (42):4072-4080. PubMed PMID:33048532.
- Carpenter, MA, Wang, Y, Telmer, CA, Schmidt, BF, Yang, Z, Bruchez, MP. Protein Proximity Observed Using Fluorogen Activating Protein and Dye Activated by Proximal Anchoring (FAP-DAPA) System. ACS Chem Biol. 2020; 15 (9):2433-2443. PubMed PMID:32786268.
All Publications (Pubmed)
News & Events
MBIC investigators in the news and MBIC related seminar and event announcements.
MBIC provides an on-line booking system for shared equipment and resources. To obtain a user account please contact either Haibing Teng, or Yehuda Creeger.
Visit Scheduling Page
Professor Marcel Bruchez
Carnegie Mellon University
4400 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213