The Molecular Biosensor and Imaging Center at Carnegie Mellon University is a collaboration of biologists, chemists, and imaging scientists developing fluorescence technologies for biomedical applications. MBIC is an innovative research environment that focuses on development and application of new scientific tools. MBIC technologies are used in drug discovery, neuroscience, biomedical imaging and cancer biology programs through a variety of partnerships. Technologies launched from MBIC include the Cyanine Dyes (Cy3, Cy5, Cy7), High Content Screening (Cellomics, Inc), Difference In-Gel Electrophoresis (DIGE), Qdots for In-vivo imaging, Fluorogen Activating Proteins, and DNA Nanotags.
Learn More About MBIC
- Tan, X, Constantin, TP, Sloane, KL, Waggoner, AS, Bruchez, MP, Armitage, BA. Fluoromodules Consisting of a Promiscuous RNA Aptamer and Red or Blue Fluorogenic Cyanine Dyes: Selection, Characterization, and Bioimaging. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017; 139 (26):9001-9009. PubMed PMID:28644615.
- Gallo, E, Jarvik, JW. Breaking the color barrier: a multi-selective antibody reporter offers innovative strategies of fluorescence detection. J. Cell. Sci. 2017; :. PubMed PMID:28615413.
- Shiwarski, DJ, Darr, M, Telmer, CA, Bruchez, MP, Puthenveedu, MA. PI3K Class II α regulates δ-Opioid Receptor Export from the trans-Golgi Network. Mol. Biol. Cell. 2017; :. PubMed PMID:28566554.
- Ackerman, DS, Vasilev, KV, Schmidt, BF, Cohen, LB, Jarvik, JW. Tethered Fluorogen Assay to Visualize Membrane Apposition in Living Cells. Bioconjug. Chem. 2017; 28 (5):1356-1362. PubMed PMID:28414915.
- Snyder, JC, Rochelle, LK, Ray, C, Pack, TF, Bock, CB, Lubkov, V, Lyerly, HK, Waggoner, AS, Barak, LS, Caron, MG. Inhibiting clathrin-mediated endocytosis of the leucine-rich G protein-coupled receptor-5 diminishes cell fitness. J. Biol. Chem. 2017; 292 (17):7208-7222. PubMed PMID:28275053.
- Wang, Y, Ballou, B, Schmidt, BF, Andreko, S, St Croix, CM, Watkins, SC, Bruchez, MP. Affibody-targeted fluorogen activating protein for in vivo tumor imaging. Chem. Commun. (Camb.). 2017; 53 (12):2001-2004. PubMed PMID:28120951.
All Publications (Pubmed)
News & Events
MBIC investigators in the news and MBIC related seminar and event announcements.
MBIC provides an on-line booking system for shared equipment and resources. To obtain a user account please contact either Haibing Teng, or Yehuda Creeger.
Visit Scheduling Page
Professor Marcel Bruchez
Carnegie Mellon University
4400 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213