The Molecular Biosensor and Imaging Center at Carnegie Mellon University is a collaboration of biologists, chemists, and imaging scientists developing fluorescence technologies for biomedical applications. MBIC is an innovative research environment that focuses on development and application of new scientific tools. MBIC technologies are used in drug discovery, neuroscience, biomedical imaging and cancer biology programs through a variety of partnerships. Technologies launched from MBIC include the Cyanine Dyes (Cy3, Cy5, Cy7), High Content Screening (Cellomics, Inc), Difference In-Gel Electrophoresis (DIGE), Qdots for In-vivo imaging, Fluorogen Activating Proteins, and DNA Nanotags.
Learn More About MBIC
- Zeng, G, Wang, Y, Bruchez, MP, Liang, FS. A Self-Reporting Chemically Induced Protein Proximity System Based on a Malachite Green Derivative and the L5** Fluorogen Activating Protein. Bioconjug. Chem. 2018; :. PubMed PMID:30016083.
- Hager, NA, Krasowski, CJ, Mackie, TD, Kolb, AR, Needham, PG, Augustine, AA, Dempsey, A, Szent-Gyorgyi, C, Bruchez, MP, Bain, DJ, Kwiatkowski, AV, O'Donnell, AF, Brodsky, JL. Select α-arrestins control cell-surface abundance of the mammalian Kir2.1 potassium channel in a yeast model. J. Biol. Chem. 2018; 293 (28):11006-11021. PubMed PMID:29784874.
- Lin, Y, Schmidt, BF, Bruchez, MP, McManus, CJ. Structural analyses of NEAT1 lncRNAs suggest long-range RNA interactions that may contribute to paraspeckle architecture. Nucleic Acids Res. 2018; 46 (7):3742-3752. PubMed PMID:29394378.
- Perkins, LA, Fisher, GW, Naganbabu, M, Schmidt, BF, Mun, F, Bruchez, MP. High-Content Surface and Total Expression siRNA Kinase Library Screen with VX-809 Treatment Reveals Kinase Targets that Enhance F508del-CFTR Rescue. Mol. Pharm. 2018; 15 (3):759-767. PubMed PMID:29384380.
- Bruchez, MP. DNA nanostructures: Through, rather than across. Nat Mater. 2018; 17 (2):112-113. PubMed PMID:29358770.
- Perkins, LA, Yan, Q, Schmidt, BF, Kolodieznyi, D, Saurabh, S, Larsen, MB, Watkins, SC, Kremer, L, Bruchez, MP. Genetically Targeted Ratiometric and Activated pH Indicator Complexes (TRApHIC) for Receptor Trafficking. Biochemistry. 2018; 57 (5):861-871. PubMed PMID:29283245.
All Publications (Pubmed)
News & Events
MBIC investigators in the news and MBIC related seminar and event announcements.
MBIC provides an on-line booking system for shared equipment and resources. To obtain a user account please contact either Haibing Teng, or Yehuda Creeger.
Visit Scheduling Page
Professor Marcel Bruchez
Carnegie Mellon University
4400 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213